Wacaco Picopresso Portable Espresso Maker
Picopresso is the most compact and pro-oriented of our portable espresso machines. This specialty coffee espresso machine features a naked portafilter, so users will see delicious creamy espresso flowing directly from a standard 52mm 18 grams stainless steel filter basket during the brewing process.
BREW LIKE A PRO
With the Picopresso there are no shortcuts. Each home brewer must master the art of manual espresso making by dialing in the correct grind size, tamping, and perfecting pulling technique – their reward; an authentic cafe-quality espresso that will rival any expensive high-end machine.
30 SECONDS TO CREMA
Add espresso ultra-fine coffee to the basket, tamp, preinfuse for 8 seconds and reach a pressure of 9-12 bars during extraction. Watch your espresso fall from the naked portafilter into your cup, breath in the aroma of a well balanced Picopresso shot. That's all it takes to reach perfection.
You’ll want to invest in a quality coffee grinder like Timemore C2 or Comandante C40 MK4. To achieve the correct level of extraction during the brewing process, you’ll need a fine or ultra fine grind on your coffee beans . Your standard grocery store pre-ground coffee will produce wretched results.
- Authentic cafe-quality Espresso – Upto 20g Doses and 40ml shots of espresso.
- Even More Portable – Even smaller than the Nanopresso, brew espresso anywhere!
- Hand-Powered Pump – Capable of producing 18bars pressure to brew true espresso shots.
- Naked Portafilter Basket – Watch your espresso brewing out from the bottomless basket.
- Complete brewing tools – Dosing ring, WDT Tool and Metal Disc tamp for ideal preparation of espresso.
- Travel Ready – With a durable EVA material case with a soft fabric lining for safe travels.
- Durable EVA Shell Case - Picopresso Case is made of durable EVA material and soft fabric interior lining. It is specially designed to fit around the Picopresso and helps protect it.
- 80ml water capacity
- 18g ground capacity
- Material - BPA-free Food Safe Plastic, Silicone O-rings, Aluminium
- Weight - 350g
- Dimensions - 106x78x71 mm
- 1 x Wacaco Picopresso
- 1 x Double Filter Basket
- 1 x Protective EVA Shell Case
- 1 x Metal Tamp
- 1 x WDT Tool
- 1 x Dosing Ring
- 1 x Coffee Scoop
1 x Brush
- Add 18g of Espresso ground coffee to the portafilter, with the funnel attached.
- Swirl WDT tool around in grounds until all clumps are broken up and then tamp.
- Then add 70 ml of hot water to the top reservoir. Assemble the brewer and hold it above your cup.
- Press the pumping knob until you see the first signs of coffee to form around the basket and wait 10 seconds for pre-infusion.
- Once elapsed, begin pumping the handle steadily as the espresso slowly brews. Keep pumping until no more water has come out.
- Enjoy it
Absolutely brilliant- I didn't expect this to be any where near as good as it is. From the packaging when you first open it to the sip of coffee once you've set your grind right this thing is a marvel. It's making better coffee more consistently than my 1.5k benchtop coffee machine. If you're looking for a portable coffee maker buy this, I guarantee you'll be impressed.
The weight feels impressive, compared to the old nanopresso which is plastic - this will feel like solid craftsmanship in your hands.
I really enjoy the fitting of the tamper and funnel when aligned with the basket, meaning that I can't over compress the grinds.
Everything is quick and easy - I just wish I had a grinder that was as compact and easy to travel with to round out the set.