Chemex Classic - 6 Cup/900ml
CHEMEX Coffee Brewer is an elegant, one-piece, hourglass-shaped work of art, invented in 1941, made of high-quality, heat-resistant non-porous glass. Its inventor is Dr. Peter Schlumbohm. CHEMEX is one of the few functional design objects that has reached a truly iconic status in popular culture and has become part of the permanent collection of the New York Museum of Modern Art.
It has an elegant polished wooden "tie", which you will not burn your fingers. CHEMEX's elegance and impeccable design have earned it the great honor of being part of the Corning Glass Museum in New York.
Clear and clean, rich in taste and smell, without bitterness and sediment - such coffee can be made from CHEMEX. It is made of non-porous glass. A division of scientists has been involved in the development of the filter! This is definitely one of my favorite coffee making tools if you need to make coffee for more than two people. Very convenient and delicious!
- Made of non-porous Borosilicate glass which will not absorb odors or chemical residues
- CHEMEX pour-over allows coffee to be covered and refrigerated for reheating without losing flavor
- Simple, easy to use with timeless, elegant design
- Material - Non-Porous Borosilicate Glass, Wood Collar, Leather Strap
- Brewing Capacity - 900ml
- Weight - 553g
- Dimensions - 216 x 130 mm
- Made in USA
- 1 x Chemex Classic - 6 Cup/900ml
- 1. Get into the grind - Grind your favorite whole bean coffee to a medium coarse ground.
- 2. Filter up - Open a CHEMEX Bonded Coffee Filter into a cone shape so that one side of the cone has three layers, and place it into the top of the CHEMEX Coffeemaker. The thick three-layer portion should cover the pouring spout.
- 3. The scoop - Put one rounded tablespoon of ground coffee for every 140g. cup into the filter cone. Feel free to use more if you prefer it stronger; our CHEMEX Coffeemaker brewing process eliminates bitterness and acidity.
- 4. Let it bloom - Once you have brought the appropriate amount of water to a boil, remove it from the heat and allow it to stop boiling vigorously. Pour a small amount of water in a circular motion over the coffee grounds to wet them, and wait for about 30 seconds for the grounds to “bloom”.
- 5. First pour - After the grounds bloom, slowly pour the water over the grounds while keeping the water level well below the top of the CHEMEX Coffeemaker.
- 6. Brew on - Slowly pour the remaining water over the grounds, using a circular or back-and-forth motion as you pour to ensure an even saturation of the coffee.
- 7. Toss the filter - Once the desired amount of coffee is brewed, lift the filter with spent grounds out of the brewer and discard. Our filters are biodegradable and compostable.
- 8. Enjoy the perfect cup - Pour your freshly made coffee into your CHEMEX mug and indulge in the flavor.
Excellent product and delivery. Shame I dropped a glass jar on it and broke it before I used it.😭